Advanced Improv Weekend with Denyse & Richard
This exciting two-day workshop is for crafters who have some experience with improvisational patchwork and are ready for more in-depth exploration and refinement of the technique. You'll begin in a discussion with Denyse and Richard about how to turn improvisational “sketches” or blocks into an overall quilt top design, pattern, or theme. You'll learn ways to create variations on a theme from block to block using composition and color. You’ll work toward building your own quilt top and receive guidance in planning, exploring, and developing your own design and color story. You won't go home with a finished quilt (or maybe you will!) – but you will build confidence in your individual patchwork “voice” with Denyse's motivational techniques.
In addition to an exciting workshop experience, you'll enjoy creative down-time with Richard, Denyse, and your fellow classmates! On Saturday evening, we'll treat you to a delicious farm-to-table dinner at nearby Terrain in Westport, CT, with time for you to wander and browse their magically beautiful displays, both indoors and outside in their inspiring garden shop. Don't miss this exciting opportunity to test your own creative limits, and experience a weekend full of inspiration, motivation, beauty, and great food!
If the workshop is full, the date will not appear in the drop down menu below. Email us to be added to the wait list for any date.
Saturday May 5 - Sunday May 6, 2018
11-4 Saturday, 11-2 Sunday
Prior to registration please be sure to read our Registration Policies section.
$750 tuition includes the following:
• Workshop 11-4 Saturday, 11-2 Sunday
• Sewing machine, cutting mat, rotary cutter and all other tools
• Saturday and Sunday morning coffee, pastries and fruit
• Saturday and Sunday lunch
• Saturday dinner
• goodie bag!
What You Need to Bring
• 4-5 improvisational blocks or ideas for a direction you'd like to explore for a quilt project.
• 1/2 to 1 yard each of several fabrics to use in creating additional blocks. Please consider a range of values and a mix of solids and prints in your choices. We also have fabric available for sale. Supplies update will be provided in early 2018.
• sketchbook or paper and your preferred drawing tools.
• digital camera.
• If you prefer to bring your own sewing machine and tools, please feel free to do so. Just let us know if advance and plan to arrive one-half hour early to set up your machine.
Whether you are traveling from afar or from just down the road, we've put together some information to make getting here easier, and to help you plan an entire weekend in the area.