Advanced Improv with Denyse & Richard
This exciting, intimate workshop is for crafters who have some experience with improvisational patchwork and are ready for more in-depth exploration and refinement of the technique. You'll begin in a discussion with Denyse about how to turn improvisational “sketches” or blocks into an overall quilt top design, pattern, or theme. You'll learn ways to create variations on a theme from block to block using composition and color. You’ll work toward building your own quilt top and receive guidance in planning, exploring, and developing your own design and color story. You won't go home with a finished quilt – but you will build confidence in your individual patchwork “voice” with Denyse's motivational techniques.
$450 includes tuition, lunch and goodie bag.
Prerequisites: Denyse’s Improvisational Patchwork class or equivalent experience.
Class size is limited to 8 so register early!
11am to 4pm
2012 and 2013 dates listed below!
Prior to registration please be sure to read our Registration Policies section. We’ll let you know as soon as we can if your date of choice is sold out.
A delicious lunch, snacks, and beverages; a sewing machine, rotary cutter, cutting mat, and loads of support and encouragement. Please carefully review the information packet you’ll receive upon registration for additional details.
What You Need to Bring
- 4 or more improvisation-pieced blocks
- 1/4 to 1/2 yard each of several fabrics to be used in creating successive blocks. Please consider a range of value, and a mix solids/prints in your fabric choices.
- a sketchbook or paper.
- your drawing tool of choice – pens, pencils or markers.
- Camera (pocket digital is great).
- if you prefer to bring your own sewing machine and tools, please feel free to do so – just let us know in advance and plan to arrive one-half hour early to set up your machine.
Whether you are traveling from afar or from just down the road, we've put together some information [pdf] to make getting here easier, and to help you plan an entire weekend in the area.